Friday, June 6, 2008

dinnertime


Me and Vicky went to the Pam today to get food for dinner. We decided we were going to make eggplant parmesan and pasta. I was in charge of making the pasta so I cooked the pasta with olive oil and cut up pieces of garlic, red pepper, lemon bits, and chicken to add to it. I bought dried out red peppers at the Pam, they must have been gourmet peppers or something because the little prepackaged bag that I purchased was the most expensive thing I bought at the grocery store. I was 4 Euros for something so small. I couldn't complain though because they made the pasta taste really good. I also prepped the marinara sauce for the eggplant and added crushed garlic and onions to add flavor to the sauce. We then layed out the eggplant and mozzarella/parmesan cheese to it and through it in the oven and baked it for about half an hour. The prep time was also about half an hour as well. It ook a while to mak eit but in the end it was worth it. It was probably the second best dinner I have had since I've been here (the chef's was the best). All that was missing was beer. That would have made it perfect!

1 comment:

Susan Williams said...

This looks fabulous, Marisa! Your cooking class is an obvious influence. Great pictures too.