Monday, June 2, 2008

hola? burrito?


So I'm starting to miss my mom's Mexican cooking and theres only so much Italian food I can eat before I start to get sick of it. So for dinner me and my roommate, Vicky, made a serious Mexican meal. We had chicken fajitas. This consisted of a medley of vegetables such as peppers, onions, and tomatoes. The chicken was seasoned and cut into small strips and we had store bought tortillas to wrap the chicken and vegetables. I then contacted my mother on how to make Mexican rice and created a large pot of it. The rice consisted of plain white rice, veggie or corn oil (in this case we used olive oil) tomatoes, onions, and a clove of garlic. All of the ingredients we used were very fresh so everything tasted great. I was very surprised with myself because the food came out almost as good as my mom's! Then to wash it all down we had purchased a white wine at the Pam (the local supermarket) which was ehhhh... okay. It was cheap so what can we really expect? but either way, it made me very happy to have some of my home cooking.

No comments: