Thursday, June 12, 2008

la dolce vita


I was in Florence today and I didn't get a chance to eat any food from the city but I did manage to stop by a small cafe in between my shopping. I went to this cafe mainly because I was on a mission to find cannolis... AND I DID! Me and Vicky both ordered cannolis and 2 cappuccinos. We were having a great time. The cannolis were delicious. So after finishing the best little cafe break we could have had it was time for the bill. We thought maybe it would be around 7 euros each. Maybe the drinks would be 2 euros each and the cannolli would be 3 euros. NOPE! we were dead wrong. The place was basically a delicious little tourist trap. Our bill total (which included 2 cappuccinos and 1 cannolli each) came out to 31 euros!!!!! the pastry was 4.50 and the drinks were 5.50 each. so i paid 15 euros for my coffee and dessert. what does that translate to in American dollars? basically a little over $20- each. Over priced? yes. -however- delicious? asbsolutely.

No comments: