Sunday, June 1, 2008

spritz this


Last night me and a bunch of the other students went out to Cappa Cafe. It was a really nice bar/restaurant area that had couches and pillows everywhere and were decorated by lit candles everywhere. We heard how popular the spritz drinks were so a few of us ordered some spritz drinks and others chose other wine and mixed drink options. I ordered the "Friendly Spritz" which consisted of fragole (strawberries) , lime juice, and red wine. That was probably the best drink I've had since I've been here. It tasted really good and the wine wasn't over-powering at all. In the drink there were chunks of strawberries that settled to the bottom, therefore they served the drink with a pick so that you could pick out the strawberries once the drink was finished. Along with my drink i had an order of "Bruschettone" which was a large order of Bruschetta. My bruschetta had a light tomato sauce topping, olive oil and garlic, and it was covered with cheese. It was very similar to a pizza. That was really good to but it was also very filling. I could only eat up to 3 pieces before I started to feel huge. When I get back home that's going to be an appetizer that I would like to re-create. It seems simple enough.

1 comment:

The Real Hogga said...

Graphic Designer, College Graduate, Fluent in two languages (maybe even three), Cuisine Blogger, and now a professional photographer judging from these pictures. I dig it and I am very impressed.